Health Care & Wellness
Promoting Health & Wellness
Senior Health Care Services
Given our mission to promote resident health and wellness, Tequesta Terrace is committed to regularly evaluating the health needs of each of our residents in order to develop an appropriate senior care plan that ensures the right mix of personal support, medical care, diet, exercise, and medication management.
Our Health Care Services
Our senior health care services are available as needed, and include:
- Nurses on-site 24 hours a day to provide compassionate nursing care, including post-hospital and post-surgical support.
- Memory Care and Special Care Programs.
- Expert medication management and administration to ensure that medicines are taken as prescribed, plus coordination of pharmacy services and deliveries.
- Coordination of physician services as needed, including scheduling of appointments and provision of transportation to doctors’ offices, plus the option of convenient in-house visits from providers with specialties such as primary care, podiatry, dermatology and geriatric psychiatry.
- Coordination of rehabilitative therapy services, including the options of offsite appointments or using our convenient in-house therapy services.
- Working with families and hospice care providers so that residents may receive any specialized end-of-life comfort and care needed.
- The very experienced and dedicated team of Health Service Directors, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Resident Assistants at Tequesta Terrace consistently provides our residents with the highest standard of senior care and support available.
Health & Wellness
An Integrated Approach to Wellbeing
Because research shows benefits for healthful aging, we plan our programs to support wellbeing through an integrated mind-body-spirit approach to health and wellness. In addition to health care, our health and wellness approach combines physical activity, mental stimulation, nutrition, socialization, and spiritual fulfillment as follows:
- Physical Activity
Physical activity supports heart, muscular and skeletal strength and supplies oxygenated blood to the brain, supporting cognitive health.
- Mental Stimulation
Mental stimulation helps develop and maintain cellular connections in the brain and defend against neurodegenerative conditions.
Nutrition is important in combating the effects of aging. For example, foods such as salmon, fish oil and walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids that support brain and heart health, while foods like blueberries, broccoli, green tea and chocolate are rich in antioxidants that help defend against cancers and the impact of damaging agents (free radicals) on the brain.
Socialization is very important to keeping people happy and stimulated, which in turn supports health, cognitive function, and even longevity, according to some studies.
- Spiritual Fulfillment
Spiritual fulfillment and being part of a community are also shown to help reduce stress and contribute to health, happiness and longevity.
Using these core principles, we seek to promote wellbeing so that each resident experiences a quality of life that makes each day enjoyable.