Tequesta Terrace offers a full program of community activities, providing the perfect opportunity to build new friendships and cultivate interests and hobbies. With the input of residents, we offer a variety of social, educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities to appeal to a broad range of interests. Offerings may include:
Entertainment and Outings
- In-house music, arts, entertainment and movies
- Outings to theater, musical events, movies, museums, galleries, car shows, restaurants, shopping, scenic drives, boating, picnics, sports events and more
Social Events and Parties
- Social and cocktail hours
- Afternoon teas
- Holiday parties, theme parties, dances, and barbeques
- Visits by friends, family, volunteers, school kids, pets/therapy pets
Games, Classes, Clubs and Hobbies
- Cards, bingo, puzzles, and other games
- Arts & Crafts
- Flower arranging
- Clubs reflecting resident interests and initiatives (e.g., men's, knitting, Red Hat)
- Sports-related gatherings (e.g., Superbowl)
Intellectual and Educational Pursuits
- Lectures and readings
- Current events and morning news chat
- Trivia and brain aerobics
- Lending library, including large font books and books on tape
- Computers, Ipads and training
- Exercise classes to build strength, flexibility, and balance; Walking; Yoga.
- Wii games, such as bowling, to promote physical and social activity.
- Athletically inclined residents may request outings for favored activities such as swimming, bowling, golf, fishing or dance.
- Spiritual services and celebrations
- Visits by clergy
- Residents committees help plan activities and menus and welcome new residents.
Calendar of Activities & Events
We offer a full calendar of activities and events filled with opportunities to enjoy life. To help residents, friends and families stay engaged in community life, our calendars are available online, on paper, on common area display monitors, and on resident TV sets (upon tuning to our own cable channel).
We invite you to view our current calendars:
Monthly Activities Calendar - Assisted Living
Monthly Activities Calendar - Memory Care
Also view our state-of-the-art, Digitally Displayed Calendar (note that the graphics change slowly, with new graphics appearing even after some have repeated). Available in our common areas and here online, it's sure to prompt interest with its lively and useful information, including:
- Weather reports
- Daily activities calendar
- Daily menu
- Sampling of upcoming events
- Interesting facts such as information about "this day in history," holidays and birthdays
- Colorful photos and graphics